baobaobebe

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Shoe Drive







Our company has a shoe drive yesterday and today. People are encouraged to donate used and new shoes. This is organized by soles4souls, which is a 501(c)3 recognized by the IRS, and donating parties are eligible for tax advantages. Online donation by credit card is welcome at http://www.soles4souls.org/.

My company also has a $25 visa gift card raffle for all the donators. Biajee and I each donated two pairs of shoes.

"All my shoes cost over $25." He complained.

"But you're never wearing them. If you let them sit there and collect dust, you might as well donate them so someone else in this world can wear them." I snapped back.

I only got two raffle tickets though. I don't think I'll win the $25 anyway. I've never won any lucky draw thing my whole life. Fate directs me to obtain money in a hard way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home