baobaobebe

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Race for the Cure






Our family ran the Race for the Cure in Rogers today. The race was supposed to start at 8 am, but was actually delayed for 30 minutes due to heavy rain.

Biajee and I got up at 4:30 am, showered and made breakfast and then woke up the kids. I even wore the rain pants and the rain-proof jacket, but was still soaked after the race.

We got to Pinnacle Hills Mall and loaded the boys into the jogger stroller in the rain. Then we parked the stroller inside the Food Court. Most people were there just hanging out and getting in line for the restrooms. We later learned that there were temporary restrooms next to the starting point with nobody lining up in front of them.

We started at 8:30. The route cut through some very nice neighborhoods in Rogers and the scene was extremely beautiful. The whole race took me 33 minutes and 4 seconds. I could have done better without the rain and the kids. Biajee was about a minute later than me, because he had to push the stroller.

There were tons of food and beverages after the race. The most impressive thing we ate was the watermelon from Georgia. It was so fresh, crisp and sweet that we kept going back for more. The gentleman who passed it out told us it would be in the local Walmart stores from next week. How exciting!

We also went shopping in the Loft after lunch. I bought a black skirt with the $15 off coupon for my birthday. It looks great on me. I hope I can wear it to work. Biajee thinks it may be too short to wear to work though.

We're going back to the mall tomorrow to get Arnold a set of pajamas with Lightening McQueen on it. He was very excited about it. We're going to use the JC Penny coupon for this pajama. It was sent for Mother's Day and I'll be a good mother and honor it to my son.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home